Corpus Christi welcomes you to partake in the Sacrament of Reconciliation either by attending on Saturdays 4:00-4:30pm in the Church, or by making an appointment by contacting the Parish House Office at 630-483-4673. Communal Reconciliation is celebrated seasonally near Christmas and Easter.
Corpus Christi has a formal program for those who are engaged and about to be married. Engaged couples are asked to call the parish office six months before the anticipated date of their marriage to arrange for participation in this program. The program consists of the following:
- Meeting initially with the pastor or deacon.
- Taking the F.O.C.C.U.S. This is an instrument to measure the areas of compatibility in the lives of the engaged couples, leading to a greater understanding of each other.
- Gathering of all the necessary documents.
- Meeting with one of the parish marriage preparation couples for the purpose of talking about the many facets of marriage.
- Meeting with the pastor and then music and liturgy director to plan the liturgical ceremony for the wedding.
- Attending a Natural Family Planning course and an engaged couple weekend.
- Practicing the ceremony with the entire wedding party, usually the evening preceding the marriage.
SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
“Welcome Your Child”
All of us are called children of God, but we are not born Christian. Becoming Christian involves the person in a life of commitment and dedication to the following of Christ. This life of commitment begins with the sacrament of Baptism, the sacrament we have come to know as the first sacrament of initiation. It is a single event that lasts for a lifetime.
The preparation of infant Baptism here at Corpus Christi Parish involves the parents in the following program:
- Parents are expected to be registered parishioners before the Baptism and to be actively committed to the practice of their faith through attendance at weekend liturgies.
- Parents are encouraged to call the Parish House in the beginning of their second trimester to make attendance by the parents at a “Welcome Your Child” workshop(Materials needed for the Baptism are also given at this time). The workshop helps parents:
- Enrich their understanding of the sacrament of Baptism
- Understand how a child grows and develop practical parenting skills
- Recognize that physical care of children and spiritual formation goes hand-in-hand
- Awareness of how the arrival of a baby changes intimate relationships in a family.
- Baptisms are celebrated on the first full weekend of the month, either at the 5:00 p.m. liturgy on Saturday; or at the 9:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. liturgy on Sunday. Baptisms are also celebrated on the second and fourth Sundays, outside of Mass at 12:30 p.m.
The purpose of this program is to provide the opportunity for the parents to renew their own faith and become more aware of that faith in their lives. They will share that faith with their child since parents are the first teachers of their children.
Also, the parish community feels a real responsibility to reach out and welcome the newly baptized and support the parents. The parish shares the commitment to journey with the parents and the newly baptized.
Contact the parish house 630-483-4673 for the latest Welcome Your Child schedule.